Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Beautiful Little Cupcakes, Great Big Debt!


Dolt! So, neither of us intended to do this trade fair "for profit". Really, we were hoping to buy some of the supplies we'd need to make cupcakes in large batches and break even. We didn't break even, either. But, I loved the endless compliments about how great they looked and especially the "are they edible"? I soaked that right up! :-) I was even asked if I take "special orders". I guess so! The lady who asked bought a cupcake for her boyfriend/husband - Pat, the drummer from Anti Flag. I'm not the starstruck type and had no idea who he was before Michael told me. They were pretty excited about vegan cupcakes. I wonder if he's vegan. We saw them again last night as we were taking a night walk and they excitedly recognized us and waved! I joke that instead of being a hippie in the woods I'm going to morph into celebrity baker. Boy, I'm dorky. Anyway, the trade fair averaged maybe 200 visitors and we sold about 60 cupcakes. Considering the fact that there was another booth with vegan cupcakes run by the Big Idea (0ur local anarchist bookstore) and yet another table with "traditional" cupcakes, I was impressed with our sales, all in all. We got the word out about our vegan meetup group, as well and passed out quite a few "Why vegan" pamphlets.

I find myself becoming more and more internal and reflective and simplistic. I spend less and less time in front of the computer and have little desire to even surf the net during down time at work. I'm ready to soak up the sun and spend time with my family. I still intend to update this blog so don't assume that long intermissions mean I've given it up! As always, my inspirations come in spurts!

2 comments:

KleoPatra said...

Aw, the girlies are so cute!

LOVE the cupcakes!!!!!!!!! So awesome, Tiff!

And i'm w/you about spending time outside, and with family, and outside with family!

:o)

Vicki's Vegan Vice said...

Way to go @ the trade fair - gettin' the vegan word out! By the looks of those cupcakes, celebrity baker is an appropriate title. :o)