Wednesday, January 10, 2007

I'll Stitch You, My Pretty, and Your Little Dog, Too!


My weapon! What a beautiful tool of mass destruction and reconstruction!

My new present arrived last week. I'm anxiously awaiting Friday (PAY DAY) so that I can splurge on some fabric and patterns. My first project is going to be kid-oriented. It would just tickle them silly to have a new dress made for them. Hmmm. Maybe we can all go and pick out fabric...Aaah. The domesticated yinzer shines through yet once again. I'm complex, I tell you.


In food news, a new very vegan friendly spot opened on the Southside - the Double Wide Grill. Vegan Pot Pie with Mashed Potatoes, Seitan Wings, and loads of beer. Mmmmm. Beer! When Michael and I walked by several weeks ago, we saw the draft selection - very extensive. Can't wait to try it out! Does this officially make me a yinzer yuppie? The grill is owned by the same people who own the Beehive, Lava Lounge and Tiki Lounge - hipness in 'da burgh. Who knew?


In scrabble news, my ass was kicked once again last night. That makes me 2:4. Rough night. Hard to make words when you have 6 vowels out of 7 letters consistently for over half of the game. Plus, our stupid kerosene heater stopped working. (shush, I'll make whatever excuses I want, damn it, it's my fucking blog!)


As for the heater, though, what's up wit dat? Two of the first coldest days this winter and it stops working? How the heck am I supposed to be able to affordably walk around the house naked if the heater isn't working? Priorities, hello?! Forget turning up the thermostat. That's an expense we're not willing to consider - why pay for heat when you can pay for beer or eating out?


Gotta love Lagunita's Brown Shugga. Michael picked it when we spent my gift certificate at D's so there was only one. Boo hoo. The taste I got, though, blew me away - I really liked it! I hadn't been impressed with the last few cases of beer we bought - the brooklyn and southern tier variety packs were just "so-so". Makes you appreciate the good stuff.


No comments: