Thursday, January 25, 2007

Food, Glorious Food...

Now don't worry, I'm not going to break out in musical (Oliver!) themed songs. This is really all about my adventures in food so far this week! Here, witness my newest cupcake creation! Jelly Donut Cupcakes! Mmm. I used the low fat cupcake recipe from the VCTOTW cookbook and then inserted the jelly with a pastry bag and dusted the tops with powdered sugar. This much is obvious, no? They are a reasonable indulgence as well - at around 125 calories a cupcake (2.5pts)

On to the Sushi! Hip Hip Hooray, Hip Hip Hooray! Up until last week, it'd be over a year since I made sushi! There is something innately wrong with that! So, last week I made my regular small rolls using half a sheet of nori and filling the inside with rice and avocado. Well, I watched the very first episode of the PPK this weeekend where they make sushi with the "rice on the outside". Intrigue! Michael then happened to come home with 3 beautiful avocados from Engel's Market and I just knew, KNEW I TELL YOU, that it was going to be another sushi week this week! I modeled my sushi after the "tofu dragon" - with fried tofu on the inside and sliced avocado wrapped around the rice on the outside.

And, lastly, our Indian-themed dinner:


No comments: